This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Hello, senior year!

Actually, senior semester. I’m graduating in December (that’s four months away! *screams*) and I am totally overwhelmed. I’m currently student teaching in a third grade classroom, working as a manager at a crazy coffee shop, I have the role of Editor in Chief for our Her Campus chapter, all while trying to keep a social life, get certified to teach, write lesson plans, eat, and sleep. I don’t think I’ve ever been under so much pressure in my life.

Because I’m so busy trying to balance everything I need to do and all the places I need to be, I’m totally exhausting myself. I’m physically tired from teaching and running around all day, and I’m mentally exhausted from the stress that I’m constantly under. It’s also, unfortunately, starting to turn me into a bit of a disaster: I locked my keys in my car the other night, I set off the fire alarm in my apartment while cooking last week, and I’ve started prioritizing showers and sleep over food at the end of the day.

Even though all of this is going on, I’m not going to let it keep me down. I absolutely love student teaching and I couldn’t be more excited for this semester with Her Campus. I’m still hoping that once I get a little more settled into my schedule, things will start to fall into place and get a little easier. Maybe I’ll even have time to hang out with friends outside of study nights! (What a concept!)

One of the things that keeps me going is the fact that this is all leading to where I hope to be in a few months’ time. Even though I’m crazy stressed out right now, the experience that student teaching is giving me is going to be amazingly helpful once I have a classroom of my own, and learning to deal with my crazy schedule will be beneficial for when I have to micromanage my time in the future. Working is helping me keep money in the bank account, while being in Her Campus is putting me next to an amazing team of empowering women who are so supportive of each other, and fitting in time with friends is making me happy. Ultimately, these things matter, and I know that in the future I’ll be glad that I went through it all.

Until then, I’ll just keep chugging my coffee and hoping I have time to sleep this week.

HCXO, Lola

All images courtesy of giphy.com

Lola Itzhaki

Millersville '19

Lola is currently a senior at Millersville University studying Early Childhood Education and has a love for art, music, plants, and coffee. Writing is something she has always loved, as well as traveling. A major goal of hers is to travel the whole way around the Earth and experience the different cultures across the world.