6 Foods That Describe Eating Your Feelings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

We’ve all experienced emotions that translate into the consumption of food or the thought of food, especially when we’re upset or stressed or even excited about something. Here’s a breakdown of what feelings would be if they were foods:

Anger: Flamin’ Hot Cheetos

Nothing screams angry food like the taste of fire on your taste buds. Did you know people actually eat these because they enjoy them?​

Sadness: Chocolate ice cream

Chocolate ice cream soothes the soul when a boy breaks your heart, you fail a test, or because you can’t have all the dogs in the world.

Happiness: Kraft Mac and Cheese

Remember when you were younger and you didn’t have responsibilities like school, work, and bills? Macaroni and cheese always has the ability to bring you back to happier times (and times when you didn’t have to worry about carbs).

Love: Pizza

Need I say more?

Guilt: Nachos

Sometimes this cheesy chip monstrosity is exactly what you need on your cheat day when you know you can spare some guilt or just have no cares to give for the day.

Stress: Big Mac

Let’s be real here, nothing says stress relief like devouring one of these suckers. With the special sauce, the sesame seed bun, and the fact that it’s fast food, stress can’t get better than this.

It is a known fact that food and feelings go hand-in-hand, so eat those feelings and know that this is a judgement free zone!

*All images courtesy of Giphy 

Ashley Haywood

Millersville

I'm a senior English major with a focus in writing studies and I hope to someday write for a publication within in Lancaster area. I drink more coffee than I probably should, my cat is my baby, and I'm obsessed with my planner. You'll always find me on campus in the library with a cup of coffee in hand!