This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Honesty time. Now, I love a skinny jean just as much as the next fashionista does, but those babies squeeze. And as midterms approach, I find myself craving comfort over the “how hot can I look today?” mindset. There are a plethora of reasons why sweatpants and cozy knits are so appealing of the late. To name a few: the long walks to school, the long hours studying in the library (or not), the heightened intake of Timbits… we could go on for days! So if you ladies are hearing what I’m preaching, listen in on some special tips on being both chic AND cozy.

Q: Help! I’m going to be late for my midterm. Cute, quick fix?

A: Realistically if you’ve got 10 minutes before your midterm, slap on a pair of sweats and sweatshirt and roll on out of there. But if you’ve got a few seconds to spare, try an all-basics ensemble. Your favorite pair of mom jeans, a basic knit sweater, boots, and a leather jacket will do.

Q: How do I wear comfortable workout clothes without looking like I’m going to the gym?

A: Luckily we live in a time in which “athleisure” is a real thing. Sneakers, baseball caps, sports bras, oh my! Looking like you’re going to the gym isn’t the end of the world. If you really don’t want to look treadmill-ready, but appreciate a good sweat resistant material, here are some inspirations.

Beanie: Local Heroes; Sweater: Outdoor and Country; Bra: Victoria’s Secret; Leggings: Luisaviaroma; Sneakers: Puma; Watch: Fossil

Q: What is the perfect “library outfit?” The McLennan library is always below 50!

A: No one is trying to walk down a runway when it’s time to sit in a chair for 3 hours. The best way to have a successful study session is to do it in complete comfort. If it’s cold in a library or coffee shop, prepare for battle with a sweater and scarf!

Sweater: Chicwish; Glasses: Classic Specs; Harem Pants: Free People; Bralette: Madewell; Scarf: Mango; Booties: H&M

Q: What can I wear that’s comfortable when going out somewhere classy?

A: There are many comfortable alternatives to the usual going out uniform: a tight dress and stilettos. Opt for looser fabrics and lighter materials that will allow you to breathe while still looking fabulous. Substituting flats for heels can really save a night. However, if you’re a short girl (like moi) and need a little oomf, wedges are surprisingly comfy!

Grey dress: J.Crew; Green dress: J.Crew; White clutch: Guess; Pearl earrings: Henri Bendel; Nude clutch: ASOS; Gold earrings: Nordstrom; Flats: Madewell; Wedges: Jeffrey Campbell

Q: I’m bored of having my hair down all the time! What are some easy hairdos I can do in the mornings that will last all day?

A: Hair confuses me all the time. Whether it’s on the head or the body, it never seems to cooperate! Nevertheless, I have found some solutions for y’all. For those trendsetting girlies with bobs or lobs check out these work hair ideas done in under 5 minutes. If your hair is long, straight or wavy read here for 5 quick, dummy proof hairstyles. If you were blessed with luscious curly hair, watch this video for do’s you can do when you’re feeling lazy, but still want to look hot.

Q: I’ve been studying too hard and now I look like a zombie. Help?

A: The best way to spruce up your face during times of stress is concealer, concealer, concealer! My personal favorite is Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer (woo that’s a mouthful). It does the trick and lasts all day. For light skin coverage stick to BB and CC Creams for a less cake-y, more natural look. L’Oreal Paris Nude Magique CC Cream Anti-Fatigue should do the trick.

Doctor’s Orders:

Buy a pair of joggers! If you’ve worn the same pair of leggings every day this week, then this is something you need. They warm your legs like your favorite sweatpants and ooze suave like your favorite dark jean. You’re welcome.

White jacket: Zara; Necklace: Assya London; Sweater: H&M; Green joggers: Pacsun; Shoes: Supergas; Top: River Island; Jacket: Topshop; Joggers: Zara; Earrings: H&M; Boots: Steve Madden

I hope these answers have been helpful to all you fashionistas out there! Tune in biweekly for more Dr. Style articles answering any style and beauty questions. 

Stay healthy. Stay gorgeous (and comfortable). 

Love,

Dr. Style

Images obtained from:

http://www.polyvore.com/joggers/set?id=179149294 

http://www.polyvore.com/going_out_comfortable/set?id=179142513

http://www.polyvore.com/to_library/set?id=179140744

http://www.polyvore.com/workout_but_not/set?id=179139543