This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

It never occurred to me that I love you. Not in the typical romantic way in movies when they look into each other’s eyes, wrap their arms in an embrace, and kiss in the rain. Nothing like that.

It was always the little things that made me fall in love with you. The times we spent together made me smile. The acts of kindness you’d show when I’m feeling down. The moments where we’d laugh because of a stupid viral meme.

Photo by bruce mars on Unsplash

The little things, they add up every day and makes a whole heart last a lifetime. It’s a beautiful yet terrifying thing when I know that you’re a part of me. That if you were gone, I’d feel incomplete without you. What do you think? Is this true?

Sometimes I think I’ll lose you too. If I’m burdening you with the pain I feel, the weight of my deep sadness on your shoulders, and the hours of agonizing silence where I left words unspoken. The words ‘you suck, but I love you, and I’m always here for you.’

Photo by Sharon McCutcheon on Unsplash

It’s hard to validate our feelings. When oftentimes, we both couldn’t even begin to explain why they motivated us to do certain things for each other. But when I closed my eyes before falling asleep, I could feel the warmth beating in my chest — knowing that having you in my life makes me feel like the luckiest person in the world.

I still carry the seasons of our love every day. Sometimes it’s an airy summer day, and sometimes it’s a dark winter under blankets of snow. It changes, and it goes, with all the highs and the lows, it is still love that grows.

Photo by christian buehner on Unsplash

I love you more than you’ll ever know in this lifetime, and it will go on even when my heart flatlines.

Photo by Simon Migaj on Unsplash

There are no more words left to write that could even begin to explain who I love, why I love, what I love, where I love, and how I love.

from yours truly, with all the love in our universe

Photo by Jeremy Bishop on Unsplash

Audrey graduated from the University of Maryland College Park with a major in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in Information Sciences. She was born and raised in Jakarta, Indonesia. She loves to travel around the world and always has her camera ready to capture everything so follow her on Instagram @audreynwid. Her life motto is 'Don't be afraid to defy the auds, pun intended.' Her furry partner in crime is a Shiba Inu named Hibiki who is quite the model and loves to go hiking. Check him out on Instagram @hibibblekiki