You’re Not Hardcore, Unless You Live Hard Core.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marshall chapter.

Working out doesn’t have to be boring and long lasting, you can make it fun and simple! The Marshall Rec Center offers all types of classes that you can attend to liven up your workout routine in a short amount of time.  Even better, most of these classes are free with your student membership!  One class in particular stands out amongst the rest, Hard Core.  This class offers high-intensity interval training that works out your stomach and back unlike any other.  With crazy modified crunches and oblique twists, you will definitely feel the burn. Trainer Austin Holmes teaches this fast-pace 30 minute class every Monday at 9 p.m. and Thursday at 8:30 p.m. in the Rec studios.  Bring your friends and have a good time!  

What should you expect during your Hard Core workout? Non-stop action and fast paced intervals; even the rest periods involve stretching and movement.  Reverse crunches, planks, and Russian twists are only some of the tummy tucking workouts that fill this short class.  Some exercises require weights, but it’s up to you how much you feel like using.  Your abs and back are not the only thing that will be sore the next day; the class even works out other parts of your body!  Be prepared to sweat and push through the toughest of workouts. Whether you are a fitness guru or a couch potato, you can learn something and feel accomplished. Austin Holmes creates his own workouts for each class, so it’s new every week!   

Why should you attend this class? The answer is simple; you’ll feel good! I know the thought of a sore belly and throbbing legs might seem unappealing, but you’ll feel great about yourself and your body when you’re done. You will be amazed by what you can accomplish during this short class. With fun music and a trainer that’s easy on the eyes, you will be feeling energetic in no time!  

HI. My name is Kasey and I'm majoring in Psychology!