5 Healthy Eating Cookbooks You Need To Give a Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

It seems as though everyone is experimenting in the kitchen and taking up bread making during quarantine. Here are 5 healthy cookbooks to try. What better time to experiment with healthy food than now?

Whole Food Cooking Everyday by Amy Chaplin

“Transform the way you eat with 250 vegetarian recipes free of gluten, dairy, and refined sugar”

One of the things that i really like about this cookbook (especially as a college student) is that Amy writes a base recipe, and then she gives a few variations afterward. This makes it really easy to use ingredients you already have in a few ways. It has also won numerous awards in 2019!

Cauliflower Power by Lindsay Grimes Freedman 

“75 feel good gluten-free recipes”

I really like this book because Freedman utilizes cauliflower in strange ways that I’ve never thought of. It shows you how to incorporate vegetables even in desserts! 

Bakerita by Rachel Conners 

“100+ no-fuss gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free recipes for the modern baker”

This cookbook has really good baking recipes that you can feel good about. Conners started a blog in 2010 and then when she started to get a large following with her recipes and wellness tips, she decided to pull all of her recipes together into a cookbook. My favorite thing about this book is that Conners never uses any hard to find ingredients that you often see in grain free and vegan recipes. 

Paleo Baking at Home by Michele Rosen 

“The ultimate resource for delicious grain-free cookies, cakes, bars, breads, and more” 

This is my favorite book for baking at the moment because you still get the satisfaction of baking something delicious, but always feel good when you eat it in the end. A lot of times I don’t want to bake because I don’t want all of the added sugar and things that don’t make me feel good, but I haven’t that way since I’ve had this book. 

Thug-kitchen: Eat Like you Give a F*** by Thug Kitchen, LLC

This one is really good for people who want to transition to being vegan or already are vegan. It is written in very simple terms and the recipes are very easy to follow for any level of cook. My favorite thing about this book is that the authors sometimes write information about the ingredients you’re working with in the recipe so you’re learning along the way. 

Chloe is a freshman at Marist College studying Business with a concentration in marketing.