Career

What To Do Once You Landed the Internship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

The time has come. The day you’ve been dreaming about for so long but never actually pictured as a reality. You landed your first internship and you couldn’t be more excited and a complete nervous wreck at the same time. When you applied to Manhattan you learned all about how the school was great for getting students jobs and internships in the city. But as you floated through the first half of college focused so much on your grades, the internship always seemed like something extra until now. Now you’re older and an internship isn’t just a blip in the future. It’s here and even if you survived the whole interview process, your work has just begun. Getting the job is one thing but doing a good job is another and in order to succeed with a company you’re going to need to do a couple of things. First, get to know your colleagues. These are the people you’ve going to be spending most of your day with and making friends at work can make an new environment more comfortable by helping you adjust quicker. Second, ask questions when you can. It’s always better to ask when you don’t know something rather than trying to figure it out yourself and potentially doing it wrong. Asking questions also shows that you are interested in doing better and care about how you perform in the position. And lastly, if you ever feel like you’re not good enough or you can’t complete a task always keep in mind your strengths and don’t let your weakness over power them. Wear you lack in one department you gain in another and keeping that with you is something you need to keep a level head and perform your best.