photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

People may interpret happiness as the material things that someone owns. I often hear that people who are rich are “happier”. Happiness is not based on the money you have or the materialistic items that you own. Someone who is a millionaire could be unhappy, so could someone who barely has any money. Happiness is how those individuals interrupt those negative things in front of them with a positive outlook on the situation. There are so many reasons that you should be happy right now, but here is a list of 8 reasons to be happy. 

1. You are alive

If you are reading this, it is safe to say that you are alive.

2. Today is a new day

Yesterday could have been a bad day, but since today is a new day. You get to start fresh. 

3. It is contagious

Happiness is contagious. You have the opportunity to make someone else happy. Just a simple smile can make someone’s day.

4. You are loved

You may not know this, but the people who surround you in your life love you.

5. There is something good

At times, it may be hard to believe, but even when it seems like everything is going wrong, there is something good bound to happen.

6. You will benefit your health

It is proven that happiness has a positive impact towards your health.

7. You never know what life has in store

I am a firm believer in God having a plan for everyone. You never know what is coming next so enjoy every second of life

8. Because, why not?

There is no reason that is good enough not to be happy.

The key to being happy is setting goals for yourself and always working towards those goals. When you achieve a goal, set another one. Find things that you love to do and involve yourself, you might be amazed the places you go with it. Like I said, happiness is contagious. If you help make someone else happy, their happiness could shed onto you. Life is too short to not be happy, enjoy every second of it!

Madison Doyle

Manhattan '21

Madison Doyle is in her sophomore year at Manhattan College and majoring in Kinesiology with a minor in Psychology. She is expected to graduate in 2021. She is studying to become a physical therapist. In her spare time she enjoys hanging out with friends, spending time with her family, and going to the gym. Madison is also interested in fashion and works a clothing store on weekends. Madison loves to being apart of the school spirit as she is a cheerleader for Manhattan College and is in the Kinesiology honor society, Phi Epsilon Kappa.
Michaela is a Childhood Education Major with Concentrations in Math and Spanish at Manhattan College. She will be continuing her studies in the Masters program at Manhattan, and earn a Masters Degree in Special Education. She was a member of Her Campus at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and is now the Campus Correspondent and Senior Editor at Manhattan! She is beyond excited to be a Jasper and that she found her home at MC!