ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Give Your Stress Wings And Let It Fly Away

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

As the beginning of a new school year is in full swing, I always deem it necessary to think up fresh strategies on developing ways to deal with the stress of school starting. I talked to a few students to get their take on how to deal with the stress that inevitably comes with the beginning of every school year, here is what they said:

“I prepare for stress of the new year by remembering why I’m doing what I’m doing, and that’s to be a nurse. Seeing my goal and remembering why i’m putting myself through this is what keeps me going. I also like working out to focus on something other than school!”

Monica Lik, third-year

“I write my schedule out in my planner and make sure that I have everything organized leading up to the days of the class. Once the school year actually starts, I just make sure I write down everything I have to do and try to keep myself really organized.”

Claire Filpi, fourth-year

“When I start feeling stressed I like to hang out with my friends or workout. Also, lately, the weather has been really nice so I’ve been hanging out outside.”

Bella Gostomski, third-year

“I always try organizing my time so that I space out the work I have to do. If I do this, I don’t get too overwhelmed. If I do get overwhelmed, I have found that listening to music always helps me relax.”

Emily Policastro, second-year

“I always try to plan ahead because I know that in no time at all assignments will begin to pile up. About a week before classes start I look up all my books and scroll through Amazon for the best deals. I go through the syllabus for every class and write down important dates in my planner. I also make sure to hit up Target so I’m stocked with notebooks, pens, and highlighters. It’s calming to go into a semester being as organized as possible, even if you know you won’t stay organized for long.”

Jenny Wilson, third-year

The new school year is bound to bring different everyday stressors. With good planning, organization, and other tools, such as music and exercise, the school year can take a turn for the better.

I am a fourth year student at Loyola University Chicago. I am highly interested in journalism, and social media marketing, especially when it comes to news and fashion. My current experiences consist of sales in different companies throughout the Midwest, such as Ann Taylor and Kate Spade, and editorial work with various companies, including Her Campus and Orange Coast magazine.