This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisville chapter.

Between exams, projects, and other assignments, it feels like it is necessary to pull an all nighter in order to finish everything. While you should sleep, if you do choose to stay awake all night, here are some tips to help you out!

1) Make a checklist. You obviously have a lot to accomplish if you feel the need to pull an all nighter in the first place, so make a list of everything you need to get done. This ensures you do not forget anything and finish all your work!

2) Be fully prepared. Stock up on coffee and snacks so you can stay energized throughout the entire night.

3) Get rid of distractions. Whether it be turning your phone all the way off or moving away from your friends, make sure there is no way you can get distracted from your work.

4) Take breaks. If you are continuously working on school the entire night there is a good chance you will go insane from all of the work. Whenever you feel yourself getting stressed out, close your books and go for a little walk. Not only will this get you away from your work for a little, it will also energize you!

5) Do the hardest assignments first. If you do this, then the rest of your assignments will feel so much easier.

6) Turn the lights all the way up. If the room is really bright then you are more likely to stay awake. Dim rooms cause for a sleepy mindset.

Happy studying and good luck!

Fallon McAllister

Louisville '23

I am currently majoring in Marketing and Management at the University of Louisville where I am a member of the 2019 pledge class for Chi Omega! My hobbies include playing soccer, making earrings, and drinking coffee!
Campus Correspondent at the University of Louisville I am an International Affairs and Communication major and minoring in French and marketing at the University of Louisville. If I am not studying, I am at the UofL Student Rec Center where I teach cycling/spin classes!