BTC WELLNESS?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
BTC WELLNESS?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media
Wellness

Feeling Lost? You’re Not Alone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

I woke up with an intense pit in my stomach that would not seem to go away. I didn’t want to get out of bed, work out, and make my coffee, all things that I find joy in doing. Nothing seemed to change how I felt either. 

That wasn’t the only day. Sadly, it’s been a weight on my heart for the last few months. 2020 and a little bit of 2021 has been the most difficult year and a half of our lives. We have been forced to feel emotions that we never thought we would have to before. A global pandemic has taken jobs, businesses, traditions, events, and even lives away. All things that as human beings, we don’t think about until they’re gone. Overall, it’s rather easy for us to see no way out right now, which makes it even easier to wake up feeling hopeless.

The disconnect in this world between people and face-to-face interaction can weigh heavily on us, but always remember that when you feel like you have no one, all you need to do is look up. The Holy Spirit lives within each and every one of you, and I promise that when you don’t know where you’re headed and you feel like you are stuck in the wilderness of this world, God is carrying the weight of your burdens. His plans for you are bigger than any of the tragedies you are facing in these moments.

For me, it takes sitting down and reflecting on all of the things I have been given during these times: quality moments with my family, a newfound passion for yoga, a clearer idea of what I want to pursue, and much more. I know that you can come up with quite a few things that you’ve been blessed with during this time as well. If you can’t, let me remind you that the biggest blessing is when all is said and done, that we will be able to handle anything that life decides to throw at us. 

I want you to take a moment and think about those days where you wake up feeling hopeless. Then, remind yourself of what is happening in your life and what you can do to keep going. I have a weird feeling when this is all over, we are going to look back and slightly reminisce on these days. So, instead of sitting there preparing to ask yourself what you could’ve done, do it. Whatever it is, don’t let one bad day become a continuous cycle of bad days. We have to see the worst of days in order for us to know what it is that makes another better. Don’t dig that hole. Climb that mountain. Kick and scream all you want on the way there. Shed a few tears, but keep going.

You got this.

Journalism major at Loyola Marymount University // Health and wellness
Her Campus LMU