This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

A nundt cake is given its distinctive ringed shape from being baked in a special bundt pan. Yes, there is a whole in the center of this cake. In My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Maria Portokalos (Toula’s mother) receives a bundt cake from the new in-laws, and is utterly perplexed that there is a hole in the cake. She fills it with a rose.

Rose in the whole or not, bundt cake is the perfect treat – and this recipe is easy! All you do is use cake mix and add in any preferred flavorings. I use Betty Crocker’s Pound Cake Mix for this particular recipe, and love it because you can add just about anything to it and it will taste good. It’s the perfect base for your bundt cake! Vanilla extract, almond extract, and/or cinnamon are great add-ins. For a special touch, I like to add in ½ cup of sour cream to make the cake extra moist.

Ingredients

1 box Betty Crocker Pound Cake Mix

½ stick butter softened

2 eggs

2/3 cup milk

½ cup sour cream

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1 tablespoon almond extract

Powdered sugar for dusting

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter, cake mix, milk, and eggs with an electric mixture until ingredients are combined. Add the sour cream, vanilla and almond extracts. Once all ingredients are combined, pour batter into greased Bundt cake pan. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until center is done. I test the center of the cake with a toothpick! Once cake is cooled, flip cake upside down using a plate or cake stand. Cake should be removed from the pan easily. Dust with powdered sugar to make it look extra appealing, and serve with fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream. Happy Baking! :)

Default found here.