This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

It’s a new year and a great time to get yourself feeling more comfortable at the gym. Whether you’re a frequent gym-goer, or just starting out, packing these items will make the gym a breeze.

Headphones

Headphones are the key to a great workout. Playing your favorite music while giving your all at the gym is therapeutic and helps you ignore the other people around you.

Water bottle

Staying hydrated while working out is important. Not drinking enough water before, during and after your workout will lead to headaches and fatigue.

A general idea of what your goals are today

It can be stressful and make you feel uneasy if you’re walking into the gym without a general plan. Knowing if you intend on doing just cardio, or a couple different machines, takes the guesswork out of what area of the gym to head towards.

Comfortable shoes

No one wants to feel uncomfortable while trying to get a workout in. Make sure you’re wearing shoes that are appropriate for the type of workout you intend to have that day.

A small snack

You might find yourself at the gym during random hours of your day. It’s a good idea to pack a snack to eat before working out to perform your best.

Travel size beauty products

Freshening up in the locker room after a gym session helps make midday workouts less of a burden. Packing a mini deodorant and a few cleanser wipes will make all the difference.

Teniola is a Junior Entrepreneurship major from Boston, Massachusetts. She is interested in writing about beauty, trending topics, lived experiences, fitness, and overall health!