5 Ways to De-Stress During Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LMU chapter.

By: Sophie Bress

The semester is in full swing and midterm season is right around the corner. Professors are piling on assignments and your stress level is rising. Here are a few quick ways to manage your stress and minimize the pain of midterms.

1. Drink a cup of tea.

I have been trying to drink a cup of herbal tea while I do my homework. Not only is it very soothing, it keeps me from snacking late into the night. I love to use this mug (my mom got it for me) because it reminds me of home and makes me happy!

1. Treat yourself to a face mask.

I have also been trying to implement a once-a-week charcoal face mask routine. Not only will you feel pampered, taking a little extra time for your skin is especially important because stress is known to cause acne.

1. Read (for fun, not for class!)

Even if I only have time to read a few pages before I fall asleep, reading for fun gets my mind off school and all my responsibilities and gets me ready to sleep. I find that I rest better when I read before bed, as opposed to watching Netflix.

1. Meditate or try yoga.

I realize this one is a little more time consuming, but taking the time to exercise and focus your mind in a yoga class is so beneficial. You can also meditate on your own time, and make it as long or as short as you want! Meditation doesn’t have to be the stereotypical “sit and think of nothing.” Listening to music, writing, or similar activities can also fall under the category of meditation.

1. Try journaling.

I try to write in my journal every day, even if it’s just a quote that I loved or a very short entry about something exciting that happened. I try to write down good things so I can look back during rough and stressful days and remember that my life is filled with blessings.