This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Trick or TREAT! Surprise your flat-mates with one of these ghoulish delights. Perfect for the average Halloween party or made just because you can; this scary selection of 8 Halloween treats will inspire your own eerie creations! Whatever it is you decide to bake, it’ll be spookily good!

Skeleton Gingerbread

Use a basic gingerbread recipe. Once cooled gather your friends and see who can ice the most haunting little fella!

Pumpkin Cupcakes

Got a favourite cupcake flavour? Be it chocolate or vanilla (or pumpkin spice might I add), top it off with this rather lavish pumpkin decor! First create the basic pumpkin shape with orange buttercream before adding a little brown stalk and green leaf (made of roll out icing) for the finished look! (There are many other Halloween inspired cupcakes you could make: monsters, ghosts, spiders – get creative!)

Cobweb Cake

Take a rich gooey chocolate cake and cover it in melted milk chocolate before adding this spooky cobweb with white chocolate. Simply drizzle a few circles of white chocolate, and then use a toothpick to drag out the circles to create this creepy cobweb effect. Leave to harden before eating.

Spider Rice Crispy Treats

Take your favourite rice crispie treat recipe (super simple and fun), then just shape and colour your treats to make tantalisingly tasty spiders or other creepy crawlies to haunt the night.

The Haunted House

Up for more of a challenge? Try recreating this Spooktacular gingerbread mansion adorned with all kinds of tempting chocolate and mouthwatering sweets.

Meringue Ghosts

These cute looking meringue ghosts are the perfect addition to any party and so quick and easy to whip up!

Vampire Teeth Bites

Break a cookie in half and recreate Dracular’s dentures: simply sandwich some mini marshmallows in between the cookies with a dollop of red icing… yum! This literally requires no baking skills whatsoever, just buy some cookies and marshmallows and there you have these extremely effective and lip-smacking snacks (pardon the pun)!

Halloween Biscuits

Finally, a firm favourite: whip up your best shortbread biscuit recipe and decorate your with what haunts your most terrifying nightmares.

Swimoholic, Dreamer, Ocean Lover. Gravity has a personal vendetta against me. I also absolutely LOVE Disney Movies, and Disney World and Disney Stores (you get the picture). Oh, and Moana is my absolute favourite movie ever!
Senior Editor for Leeds Her Campus 2018-19