Anna Schultz-Girl Flipping Hair
Anna Schultz-Girl Flipping Hair
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Wellness

My Top Tips, Tricks and Products to Help You with Self-Care and Productivity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Laurier Brantford chapter.

Hey, all you cool cats and kittens! If you haven’t watched Tiger King yet, I would highly recommend it. On a completely unrelated note, I have written out my top tips, tricks,= and products to help you with self-care and productivity!

Take breaks

My first tip is a simple one, but it can be easily forgotten when there are deadlines looming overhead: take breaks! It doesn’t have to be something intense, but even taking a break every hour or so can do wonders for your mental and physical health. Get up, stretch, go for a walk, or even just close your eyes for a minute or two to let them relax.

Blue-light blocking glasses

Speaking of resting your eyes, try a pair of blue light blocking glasses. I got a pair from Amazon a while back and absolutely love them! They have been a blessing to my eyes and have helped relieve some of the headaches I have been having. There might not be a whole lot of evidence surrounding the benefits, but if there’s the possibility of them working, why not try it?

Streaming services

When you need a break longer than a minute to check your phone, try watching something on Netflix or Disney+. It does not have to be a show or movie you’ve never seen before. Honestly, I watch the same three things over and over again because they make me happy (and don’t I deserve to be happy?). Some of my favourites are The Office and Ratatouille.

Tidy your space

Keep your workspace clean because a clear workspace keeps the mind clear, which makes working easier. Believe me, a tidy desk or surface is so much nicer than a dirty spot to work! I regularly have to straighten up my workspace because I am the World’s Messiest Person™ and it does wonders for my mental wellbeing.

Bath, shower and beauty products

Try a bath bomb that sparks joy and makes you feel relaxed. I like pretty much everything Lush has to offer, and even if you don’t have a bathtub, they have a product for you. The Twilight Shower Jelly is an exquisite treat, but treats don’t need to break the bank! It’s fairly inexpensive and lasts for a decent amount of time.

Sleep

SLEEP! For the love off all things good in the world, please sleep! Please, I am begging you to go to bed and close your eyes and put the day behind you. You can’t perform to the best of your ability if you are exhausted. So, go catch some Zs!

Music

A killer playlist can really change your whole mood. It sets the tone for the study session and it can totally make or break the day. I recommend picking a great song that perks you up for your alarm. Don’t pick a song you love because waking up to a song can make you hate it! I personally like using cinematic scores to pump up my study session and take it up to an eleven on a scale from one to ten,

There you have it! My seven tips and tricks to help with self-care and productivity; I hope you find them useful. If you have any additional tips, feel free to reach out to me over Instagram @megeghan_c!

Meghan Cameron

Laurier Brantford '20

Meghan is a fourth-year Criminology student with a passion for writing. She enjoys tea, petting dogs, and thrift shopping. Meghan spends her days planning trips she can't yet afford and practicing her award show acceptance speech! Give her a follow on Instagram @megeghan_c for punny captions and too many selfies.
.