kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Teas for Every Situation (And No, Not That Kind of Tea)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

It’s that time of year again, it’s fall. Time to cuddle up with some blankets and enjoy some hot tea. I know that fall personally makes me want to have a never-ending supply of tea and you can bet I tried most of them, so I’m going to share some of my favorite based off your mood.

You’re crying floods

My favorite tea for when I want to curl up in a ball and cry is a floral herbal tea, this is an amazing tea to help you chill out. I am a sucker for floral teas and prefer them. I really like the Mother’s Bouquet, don’t let the name fool you it’s not just for mothers. It is a lovely blend of chamomile, rosebuds, cornflower and orange peels. It is very sweet so be wary of adding a bunch of sweeteners.

You need to wake up

Chai Masala is my go-to for tea when I want to get an energy boost. My favorite brand is Tiger Lilly Tea, which has a store in Mystic, Connecticut. There blend is a perfect mix of sweet and spicy and I prefer to use soy milk as my milk alternative. This blend uses black tea, which has more caffeine than green or white tea. However, it has a little under half the caffeine of coffee.

You’re in a good mood

Green Tea and Hibiscus is a great blend that I make myself, I buy the tea and flower predried and then brew it myself. I think they compliment each other and I am a huge fan of floral teas. The cool thing is that hibiscus will change your tea to a pretty dark pink to red color. This is great to have light caffeine because it ranges from 20-30 mg average of caffeine.

You can’t sleep

I am a sucker for Traditional Medicinals Nighty Night and Yogi Honey Lavender Stress Relief Tea for two different reasons. You may be like why do you suggest an anxiety tea? The Yogi tea tends to help me when I’m having an anxious moment and my mind tends to wander near the bed, making it hard to sleep. If you don’t have that problem then Traditional Mecinincals is a great option and has amazing light minty and citrusy flavors.

You need to calm down

I know I suggested a lot of floral teas, so I am going to suggest herbal peppermint tea. Peppermint is used to help people relax and can be people when you’re having a stressed moment. Any brand will work but please make sure there is no caffeine and is a herbal blend. Caffeine can make your stress worse. 

Ariana is the Editor In Chief for Her Campus Lasell. She is a senior at Lasell double majoring in Business Management and Marketing. When she's not editing for HC Lasell, she's binge-watching Netflix or buried in a good book.