Wellness

Simple Habbit: The Best Meditation App That No One Talks About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

There are so many meditation apps that it seems overwhelming. Everyone has heard of Headspace and Calm, but those apps come with a very limited free trial and a price tag I just can’t justify.  If you are looking for a meditation app that has the best free features, and a chance to upgrade, I have an app for you. The app is Simple Habit, its available on Itunes and Google Play Store.

I have been on a hunt for the perfect app and I am happy to say I have found it. Simple Habbit’s mission is to “empower humans to stress less, achieve more and live better”. The app has over 1,000 guided meditations from over some of the top meditation teachers. This app is the perfect app for people with busy lives, that seems to always be on the go.

What I like about Simple Habit is the set up of the app. They have your usual meditation series on a large variety of topics. About half of these series are locked unless you get a membership, but I have never felt pressured unlike other apps to throw my money at them. But if you want an upgrade, a monthly membership is $7.99 a month, which is about equal to most paid membership meditation apps. All the series have a few sessions and are an average of about 5 to 10 minutes. The sound is very high quality and I enjoy a variety of voices.

My favorite part of the app is the ‘on the go’ section. You can choose a meditation for five minutes, ten minutes or twenty minutes. You can choose a topic on the wheel, then choose a meditation within that topic. This is a great feature for when you are busy because you can quickly find the meditation for you. I have tried many meditation apps and this is the only one who I have seen with the wheel. You can squeeze meditation into any part of the day with this feature.

In the end, if you have been looking for an app different from the rest, then make sure to check this one out. This is one of the most and user-friendly meditation apps I have ever used.

Ariana is the Editor In Chief for Her Campus Lasell. She is a senior at Lasell double majoring in Business Management and Marketing. When she's not editing for HC Lasell, she's binge-watching Netflix or buried in a good book.