This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you are organized and have all your ducks in a row. I like to keep myself organized by using the weekend and Monday to prepare for the week ahead. Doing so makes me feel confident that I can tackle anything that may come my way during the week. So, here is how I reset and prepare for the week.

Cleaning my dorm

Every weekend, my roommate and I take the time to clean our dorm and the bathroom in our suite. I usually vacuum while listening to an episode of my favorite podcast, Violating Community Guidelines, or, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I also wash my travel mugs and wipe down surfaces such as my desk and windowsill. It makes me feel good to have my space clean and motivates me to be productive. 

Refill my pill box

Every Sunday, I refill my pill box for the week. Using a pill box makes it easier for me to monitor my medications and supplements. I always know if I’ve taken my pills for the day. This task doesn’t take me long and is a quick way to feel accomplished. 

Taking time for myself

The whole purpose of the weekend is to relax and recharge, so I always make time for myself. Whether I hang out with my friends, read a book, watch my favorite shows, or play a video game, taking the time to do things I enjoy makes me feel refreshed. These simple acts of self-care work wonders. 

Planning upcoming essays

If I know I have an essay coming up, I will take the abundance of time the weekend provides to outline that essay. I plan out what I want to say in each paragraph, write my thesis statement, and determine which sources I want to use. Outlining my essays makes it easier to start writing the actual paper. It takes stress off my shoulders to know I’m doing my best work. 

Mapping out the week in my planner and updating my whiteboard calendar

My planner and my whiteboard calendar are my best friends. I am a visual learner, and writing things down in multiple places makes me feel organized. In my planner, I use the monthly and weekly pages to write down important dates and reminders. I also use the weekly pages to mark when assignments are due and how many meal swipes I use each day. My whiteboard calendar is color-coded and is another way to display those important dates and reminders. Using these organizational methods makes me feel on top of my game. 

Doing my laundry

Since I only have one class on Mondays this semester, I designated it my laundry day. My laundry room also isn’t busy during the week. I always get both loads done and put away before I have to go to my class. Doing my laundry at the start of the week gives me clean clothes to wear, and is another way I feel accomplished. 

Olivia Post

Lasell '26

Olivia Post is the President of the Her Campus at Lasell chapter. She oversees all matters relating to the chapter, from editorial content to on-campus events. Beyond Her Campus, Olivia is a student ambassador for the Blue Key Society at Lasell. She is currently a sophomore at Lasell University, studying Secondary Education and English with a minor in Spanish. In her free time, Olivia enjoys reading, playing video games, and spending time with her roommates. She can also be found working on her latest crochet project, or watching RuPaul's Drag Race.