Wellness

3 Quick and Easy at Home Workout Routines That’ll Make You Say Goodbye to the Gym

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

It can be hard to find time to workout during your busy college or work schedule. Here are some quick and easy at home, or in your dorm room, workouts. Time to play your favorite music, make sure you stretch, and get to it!

*Disclaimer: I am not a professional, these are just some workouts I have found that are quick to do before I start my day or to end my day.

Beginner

• 20 bodyweight squats

• 10 push ups

• 20 walking lunges – 10 each leg

• 15 second plank

• 30 jumping jacks

This is a good beginners workout. If you feel up to it, you can repeat how many every times as you want. If you are just starting out or getting back into the swing of it again, I would suggest not repeating.

Intermediate

• 10 pushups

• 20 mountain climbers

• 20 crunches

• 20 squats

• 20 lunges

• 30 calf raises

This a workout I like to do in the morning to start my day off right. Again, you could repeat these or only do once if you are just starting out.

Advanced

• Biceps curls: Stand with feet hip distance apart with one dumbbell in each hand. Raise and lower weights. Do two to three sets of 10 to 12 reps.

• Triceps kickbacks: Use a chair to stabilize yourself. Extend your arm slowly backward and return to the starting position with control. Complete two to three sets of 10 to 12 reps.

• Bent rows: Tilt forward from the hips so that your chest is facing the floor and your arms are hanging beneath you. Pull your arms toward your chest as if you are rowing a boat.

• Wall squats: Stand with your back to a wall and sink down to a seated position with your thighs parallel to the floor. Let the wall support your back. Start off with 20-30 seconds. Challenge yourself to do it for a minute.

This is more of an advanced workout and requires some equipment!  If you’re feeling daring, make this your new go to.

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.