10 Things College Kids Think During Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

1. “I should’ve studied last night.”

Let’s be honest, you didn’t study last night. You much would’ve rather binge watch The Office or Friends and eat junk food with your girls, so you did.

2. “When will I need to know Accounting in real life? I’m a Communications major!”

In this moment you completely regret the thought of becoming a Business minor.

3. “Is it too late to drop this class?”

You’ve given up. There is no way you can pass. Mom will be mad but maybe losing precious credits is worth it, right?

4. “I can’t wait to take a nap after this”

Even though you weren’t up all night studying, you were up all night anyway watching Netflix; so a nap is mandatory and very essential to the vulnerable college student.

5. “Was I supposed to remember what happened on the first day of class?”

Still in that summer daze, you don’t remember the essential first day of class notes and tips. Sadly, you didn’t even bring a notebook to class.

6. *20 minutes into test* “How much more do I have left?”

Being in the drooling agony a test could bring, you get so lost in the sadness and boredom that you a counting down the questions. 6 more questions left! I can do this!

7. “I can’t wait to be reunited with my bed”

Also like the nap, a bed is essential for a college student. The bed is where each student cocoons after each exam knowing they did terrible.

8. “I can’t believe he already handed in the test”

Ah, the first person has handed in the exam. Feel the pressure!?!? You see him grab his stuff and leave, immediately you are filled with jealousy. You want to finish this test now or as soon as possible, you’re wasting crucial nap time!

9. “I wish we had a notecard for the exam”

I swear, hearing the words “cheat sheet” or “open note” is music to my ears. No studying, no real preparation other than just needing your notes? I’m in! Sadly, this is not that type of exam, and if it is for you, I am so envious!

10. “I want my mom”

Ah yes, that point in the exam where things get so bad it brings you back to being a toddler. I know this feeling quite well, sadly.

Photos privided by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Kyle Mahoney

Lasell '18

Kyle Mahoney is a recent Lasell College graduate. Kyle majored in Communications with a concentration in Public Relations, with a minor in Business. Kyle has written for Her Campus Lasell for three years, as well with completing an internship with HCHQ Spring semester of 2018.