timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Mental Health

The Best Body Positivity Accounts to Follow on Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Many people seem to hate Instagram for the way that it glamorizes a particular kind of lifestyle. The airbrushed bikini photos, sponsored appetite suppressants and rigorous exercise routines seem to be among the popular distastes for this platform.

However, I do think that Instagram is what you make it. You choose to follow whoever you want and easily have the power to press unfollow whenever you’re feeling fed up.

Instagram does have its benefits, and there are many accounts dedicated to body positivity and a general fostering of a healthy, positive lifestyle which is actually attainable.

Healthy Chef Steph 

Image from Instagram

Whilst Stephanie endorses her plant-based lifestyle and frequently posts her workouts, the captions of her content are predominantly focused on spreading positivity. As a trained dancer, she also organizes her own events called ‘Stay Sassy’, where you can sign up to attend a dance workshop that is all about empowerment.

Bryony Gordon

Image from Instagram

As well as being an outspoken columnist for The Telegraph, Bryony is open about her struggles with mental health and isn’t shy in sharing her inspiring photos.

thisgirlaudra 

Image from Instagram

Describing herself as healthy lifestyle coach, this account is dedicated to debunking food and fitness myths.

drclaudiafelty 

Image from Instagram

Claudia refers to herself as a qualified ‘non-diet’ dietitian and helps to provide realistic nutrition advice.

Helen Jordan

Lancaster '19

Helen is a third year English Language student and will graduate in 2019. Her favourite topics to write about include cooking and tips for uni life. This is Helen's second year writing for Her Campus and she is looking forward to her role as Chapter Correspondent for Lancaster in the 2018/2019 academic year.