Recently I was given the greatest gift of all time… A waffle maker. Here’s what went through my head the first time I used it.
1. Do I need to make my own mix?
2. How do I do that? Do I need flour? I don’t have any flour.
3. Oh. Wait. I googled it. You can use pancake mix.
4. I don’t have any pancake mix.
5. Turns out I do have some!
6. Oh. It’s unicorn pancake mix. What does that mean?
7. What if I burn the waffles? What if I can never use this and I will be forever cursed with the inability to make waffles?
8. Why is there smoke coming out of the waffle maker?!
9. The instructions says that’s normal. It can’t be normal. That doesn’t seem right at all.
10. Just make the waffle.
11. Why is it sizzling? Since when did waffles sizzle?
12. How long am I supposed to wait? 3 minutes? An HOUR?
13. What if it gets stuck and I break the entire thing? How dangerous can waffles be?
14. What if I just have a peek at it… NO, NEVERMIND. IT’S STUCK.
15. Oh wait, it’s fine.
16. It’s pink.
17. The waffle is pink. Very pink. Why is it…?
18. THE UNICORN PANCAKE MIX.
19. How do I get it out? IS IT BURNING? No, it’s fine. It tastes good!
20. I want another one.