This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Finals week is probably the worst week within a semester. It’s basically all the stress you endure each test wrapped into one giant test that could either be the savior or death of your grade. Why do they exist? Is it so your professor can see you stress one last time til they no longer can be the cause of it? Or is it because karma is coming to bite you for never fully studying til the last and final second before each exam? I mean… of course you don’t do that because you’re a college student and are definitely more responsible than that…haha yea. Well for the odd chance that you are like that here are some ways you can de-stress !

1. Watch a YouTube Video

Now this takes a lot of restraint to make sure you don’t go down the YouTube rabbit hole but this is definitely manageable. (Definitely recommend watching one of Shane Dawson’s old conspiracy videos because they really get your brain out of a slump)

2. Take a Nap

Resting your mind can help you and improve your study quality just make sure you don’t fall asleep for more than 30 minutes.

3. Step Away and Get a Snack

Sometimes just resting and letting your brain recharge helps so much. This also let’s your eyes avoid the reading limbo that it can get into.

4. Listen to Calming Music

I love listening to Daniel Caesar on a low volume while reading about the ten dead white guys from the Renaissance I have to know before my 8:30 class.

5. Taking a Walk

Just getting out of a cramped room can be very calming. Who knows, maybe you will even run into someone from your class who needs a study buddy!

There you go guys, I hope these tips come in handy because let’s be honest we all are going to need all the help we can get.

Aria Govea

La Verne '22

My name is Aria! Psychology Major at the University of La Verne. Lover of photography, makeup, animals, youtube and coffee! Hoping to spread some positivity :)