This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.
I’m sure you’ve all heard about spicing up your love life, well I’m here to help you spice up your gym life. Now I know you’re probably thinking what do I need to do that for? It’s just the gym; I’m not there to impress anyone. Of course I’m not saying to cake on makeup and wear clothes that show off way more than you should at a gym, but that doesn’t mean you can’t work out in style. There are four stores I’ve come to love when it comes to buying workout clothes and better yet, they won’t break the college budget.

1.  Plato’s Closet has anything your body building heart could desire. From Nike shorts, to DryFit shirts, to running jackets, Plato’s Closet has it all. My hunt for another pair of Nike shorts started about a month ago when I got tired of running out of shorts to wear to the gym. Not wanting to spend 30 dollars on a pair of shorts I looked in clearance racks, online and the Nike outlet, but they were not college budget friendly at all. I went into Plato’s Closet looking for a sweater and to my surprise found a pair of pink Nike shorts for $12, yep you read that right.

2. Target is my go-to for funny tanks that’ll be sure to create a few laughs at the gym. Whether it says “#Gym Selfie” or “Workout all day twerk all night,” these tanks will take your workout wardrobe from old, ratty tshirts, to funny, sassy and bright tanks. To every college girl, Target is known for pumpkin spice everything when fall rolls around, cute decorations and fashionable, yet affordable clothes, and these tank tops are no exception. They are about $10 to $15 so don’t worry you’ll still have money for those pumpkin spice M&Ms you’ve been eyeing. 

3. Kohl’s has forever supplied my fall and winter obsession, leggings. I’ll admit I’ve spent way too much on yoga pants from Victoria’s Secret, but my favorite pairs out of the collection are from none other than Kohl’s. No need to throw away a paycheck on Victoria’s Secret yoga pants when they have them at Kohl’s for nearly half the price. Plus who doesn’t love some Kohl’s cash?

Activate Apparel is an online website filled with tanks and tshirts with designs ranging from cats, to pizza, to the ever so famous “Suns Out Guns Out.” I could spend hours browsing this website and laughing at all the clever designs they have. Whether you want to rep your inner cat lady, bum or bro, they have just the design for you. With sales running daily and free shipping on orders over $50, you’ll still be able to keep your budget in tact. 
                                                                                                                   Activateapparel.com