This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Working out is hard and getting to the gym, especially in a pandemic, is even harder. You might even be losing motivation to keep up with your 2021 fitness goals, but I’m here to help you out. Whether you’re looking to lose some weight or just stay active, these are five free workout programs to keep you on track.

January workout program – Madfit

Just because it’s a January workout program doesn’t mean you can’t give it a try in March. You might recognize Madfit’s YouTube channel, as she is the creator of the popular “dance party workouts.” In the January workout program, Madfit uses a combination of bodyweight, yoga, HIIT and dance party workouts to create a well-rounded workout program. She uses limited equipment such as dumbbells, resistance bands and occasionally a chair to complete her workouts. If you don’t have the equipment, don’t fret; all exercises can be completed without equipment.

Ease into It – Yoga With Adriene

This is an O.G. Yoga instructor on YouTube. She has over 598 videos on her channel from yoga. From beginners to yoga for digestive issues, she’s got it all. At the beginning of quarantine I challenged myself to complete one of her 30-day programs, the program I completed was Ease into It. This program is geared for beginner yogis. The only equipment that is required is a yoga mat and your body. If this program seems too easy for you, feel free to check out some of her other 30-days programs on her YouTube channel. 

4 Week Summer Shred Challenge – Chloe Ting

I think I speak for most of us when I say we all remember Chloe Ting’s iconic 2-week shred program that went viral on TikTok during quarantine. Did you know she has a longer version of that? Introducing the 4-Week Summer Shred Challenge- this is a 28-day long workout program that focuses on weight loss and abs. Each day the workouts vary from 25 minutes to 45 minutes. The nice thing about this workout plan is she provides optional videos for warm-ups and cool-downs, as well as other workouts to complete if you feel up to the challenge. The only thing required for this workout program is a fitness or yoga mat. 

Low impact workouts – Sydney Cummings

A thing about these YouTube workout programs is a lot of them rely on HIIT workouts (high-intensity interval training) to get you results because it’s an easy way to burn calories. High-intensity doesn’t work for everyone though, that’s why I’m recommending Sydney Cummings low-intensity workouts. The catch is that this isn’t a formal 30-day workout out program, but she has almost 300 low-impact workouts to choose from. You could easily curate your own workout plan that would work for your body.

30-Day Fitness Challenge- Lilly Sabri

I felt like I saved the best for last. During the summer I was on a working out kick and decided to go ahead and try Lilly Sabri 30-Day Fitness Challenge. This was one of the most rewarding youtube workout programs I have ever tried. To complete this workout program, you are going to need to buy a resistance band and a set of dumbbells. Beware- these workouts will make you feel the burn. The good thing is Lilly and her Australian accent will soothe you and make you forget about the pain. So if you’re in for a challenge and have 30 minutes every day, this is the program for you.

Hanna Brown is the writing director at the Her Campus at KU (University of Kansas) chapter. She oversees the writing team and acts as the publisher, ensuring all articles meet the Her Campus standards of quality and reverence. In addition to her duties as the publisher, Hanna leads weekly writer meetings and builds a safe environment where writers feel empowered to be creative. Beyond Her Campus, Hanna is the marketing/communication assistant for the Engineering Career Center at KU. Last summer, Hanna interned for Burns & McDonnell as a marketing writer/editor. There, she gained experience writing technical blogs centered around engineering, copy for digital marketing and new releases. She also interned for Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline in corporate communications. A senior at KU, Hanna is pursuing a BSJ in digital marketing communications, advertising and public relations with a minor in history. In her free time, Hanna loves to visit local coffee shops and explore her college town. She is obsessed with the Sims 4 and wants to start a podcast. Her motivation in life is to do everything in love. After college, Hanna hopes to move to the city and start a career in public relations, branding, digital marketing or copy/content writing.