3 Ways to Keep Yourself Motivated This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

It is now week 5 of the fall semester and that means some of us are reaching the point of “Can’t I just sleep all day?” This is the part of the semester where we must all pull ourselves up by the bootstraps and say “We can do it!” Here are some tips from keeping your stress levels down and keeping a happy, healthy you afloat during those mid-semester blues.

Get Enough Sleep

I’m sure you have all heard this plenty of times, but that 8 hours of shut-eye does the body good. Try to keep yourself on a sleep schedule that you can stick with. There is nothing worse than telling yourself you’re going to be in bed by 11 p.m. and then not do it. Also, plan to wake up early. When we wake up early we are more prone to do the tasks that we must do during the day. I know we are still young and love sleeping in, but as we all know, the early bird gets the worm.

Exercise Regularly

The more active you are, the more your body will love you. As a student at KU we all have a membership to the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center. The rec has a range of activities for students to participate in such as group fitness classes, basketball and volleyball courts, a 42 ft. tall indoor rock climbing wall and much more! And if you aren’t into going to the gym, the campus itself may act as one huge track for you to run on. Our campus has tons of hills and stairs for those of you looking for a challenging run and there are also places, such as Jayhawk Boulevard that are much flatter and easier to run on. With all these options there is no excuse for not staying fit on the KU campus, ladies!

Study, Study, Study

At this point most of us are growing tired of going to class, doing homework, and studying for tests. This is why we are here though, right? To get an education. So why not drag our butts out of bed at 7 a.m. to make it to that 8 a.m. class. It is all worth it in the end. As for homework, it can be rough and seem as though it is never ending but it is important for acing that test that you have been stressing about.

So don’t give up just yet. If you want to survive the semester, take a deep breath and just do it. Start with getting that sleep that you’ve been meaning to get, head on over to the gym (they open at 5:30 a.m., ladies!) and stay hydrated while working out, and don’t forget your homework assignments that are due in the next few days. Good luck!

I am a junior Film and Media Studies major at the University of Kansas. In my spare time I love writing screenplays, watching movies, and hanging out with my Husky, Keno.