The Zodiac Signs as Campus Residences

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Aries – Norton Residence Hall

Aries are often known to have an optimistic or hopeful outlook on the world. However, like the first-years that may be found among Norton’s unsuspecting halls, this optimism has the potential to be seen as naivety by others. Not to mention the proclivity to take action they may not have fully thought through in the midst of their powerful ambition.​

Taurus – Taft Cottages

Taurus are lovers of comfort and luxury. These desires are especially apparent in the material world. Paired with their eye for beauty, these contemporary-looking cottages make the perfect fit for this sign.​

Gemini – Mather and McBride Residence Halls

These matching residence halls are the obvious choice for the twins.  Like many Gemini, Mather and McBride are often difficult to navigate or understand for a longer period of time than with most. However, if you stick around and find how to properly maneuver them, there are some gems to be found.

Cancer – Affinity Houses (Unity, Snowden, Crozier)

Cancers hold matters of their home close and crave security in their space.  While they sometimes may seem distant or cold, they are very loyal and protective of those they hold close. Cancers may also be very dedicated to defending to their loved ones and beliefs.

Leo – Old Kenyon Residence Hall

Leos tend to love attention, but their praise is often warranted. Old Kenyon is not only an essential part of Kenyon’s campus, but it demands attention through its weekend attractions it provides. Desperate to attain attention even when it is scarce, Leos may stoop to dramatic levels.

Virgo – New Apartments

Just like these modest apartments, Virgo tends to remain humble. In addition to this Virgos are sentimental, and despite their deep emotional attachment, are likely to sometimes isolate themselves on a physical or emotional level.​

Libra – Bushnell

Libras are a generally peaceful sign, sometimes too willing to avoid confrontation. With this residence hall’s modern, open design and harmony with its Manning neighbor, this hall constructs a space much like Libras try to create around themselves.​

Scorpio – Caples

The tallest residence hall on Kenyon’s campus is an appropriate choice for this ambitious and competitive sign. Scorpios are very loyal but may become possessive. The large number housed here may be just enough to suffice a Scorpio’s efforts for as many people as possible on their side against others when someone truly hurts them or their loved ones.

Sagittarius – North Campus Apartments

A Sagittarius can be very extroverted, often driven by a strong sense of adventure. This open-minded sign lives for new ideas and upgrades and often accepts change with far more ease than others.

Capricorn – Watson Residence Hall

The dedicated and intensely competitive Capricorn is likely to be very studious and devoted to their personal agenda. They often take their goals very seriously, and may even isolate themselves as a pragmatic decision.

Aquarius – Leonard Residence Hall

Aquarius are seen as thoughtful and possibly shy to the outside world, but their inner self is driven by a great sense of uniqueness and love for fun. This strive to stand out or express their exceptional individuality may sometimes veer an Aquarius off track.

Pisces – Hanna Residence Hall

Pisces are known to have an old soul and an often selfless and empathetic way of life. The large rooms of Hanna mirror the expansive space Pisces keep in their heart for others. Sometimes their deep emotions may be overwhelming even for them, causing a Pisces to seek some escape, often through creative and artistic endeavors.

Image Credit: Feature,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12

Jenna is a writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Kenyon. She is currently a senior chemistry major at Kenyon College, and she can often be found geeking out in the lab while working on her polymer research. Jenna is an avid sharer of cute animal videos, and she never turns down an opportunity to pet a furry friend. She enjoys doing service work, and her second home is in the mountains of Appalachia.