Kenyon Fashion Week: Building Inspired Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

My wardrobe has been in need of some serious revamping recently. Thankfully, our beautiful Kenyon College has inspired me to put together some outfits to brave through my long days filled with classes, meetings, and, of course, naps. In honor of Fashion Week, here are some catwalk combinations perfect for our very own Middle Path!

The Gund Buildings (Gallery, NCAs, Health Center, Lentz House)

If there’s one thing we know about Kenyon, it’s that we can’t seem to get away from the name “Gund.” His designs are full of sterile white-washed walls and tan wood, an aesthetic reflected in this outfit, featuring a crisp white cut-out jumpsuit and structured blazer that remind us of the sprawling hills of white NCAS, and wood accessories that draw us back to the Gund Gallery’s paneling. Whether you’re going for a check-up, going to a north-campus party, looking at art, studying english, or eating your lunch on New Side, you’re sure to be camouflaged in this oh-so-chic ensemble!

Olin & Chalmers Library

The library gets a lot of grief for its appearance, mainly due to its massive gray sides cutting into the green landscape. However, just as in this ensemble, the details are in the accessories! One department Olin is not lacking in is geometry: lines, triangles, and diamond shapes, oh my! This outfit may not be the prettiest, but don’t worry – just like the building that inspired it, it will soon get pushed aside for something new.

Peirce Dining Hall, Old Side

Ah, Old Side. Teeming with Kenyon’s athletic students, most of the time we’re not sure if it reminds us more of Harry Potter or of a locker room. This outfit, however, errs on the side of the former. With dark wood accessories and a stunning stained-glass dress, the dining hall gods are sure to smile-down upon you and keep the fusion line going. Because you need that second omelet.

Ransom Hall

Kenyon was trying to be funny when they put those birds on top of the Admissions building. Come on now, John CROW Ransom? I’m onto you, Kenyon. (Well, if someone sees you in this outfit, they might have to steal it and send you a ransom note.) This ensemble pays homage to the crows while also drawing back to the lines of the architectural details of the building with clean lines in the crisp button-up, skirt, and sunglasses combo.

Bexley Hall

You might have forgotten that Bexley even exists, but no one will forget about you in this outfit. You can never go wrong with a brick-print blazer! Pair that with neutral colors and cross-details, and you’re ready for anything a trip north could bring!

Black Box Theater

Throw it back to your goth days with this ensemble, emulating the Black Box Theater, a place of music, laughs, and quite a lot of fake blood. With red accents to show off those classy maroon chairs, this ensemble makes you feel like the star of the show. It will make everyone shiver with anti………cipation.

New Apts.

The New Apts. are what I like to call “distressed but comfortable,” just like these black jeans. The red scarf livens up the entire outfit, just like those charming red doors do to the New Apts.

And there you have it, our best Kenyon inspired outfits! Hopefully these gave you some inspiration for what to wear sometime next week. What kind of outfit would you make up to pay homage to our lovely college on the hill? 

Reagan Neviska is a senior at Kenyon College where she studies Anthropology and Music. She is an active member of her coed Greek service organization, The Archon Society, as well as the president of Gospel Choir, a Her Campus Chapter Writer, and a member of the Symphonic Wind Ensemble, where she plays percussion. Reagan's interests include reading, practicing and listening to music, playing with dogs (her family has four!) and watching Downton Abbey.  You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @Reagaroni.