thought catalog xVRdDDe6M1A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
thought catalog xVRdDDe6M1A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Instagram Famous: Kenyon Edition!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

When I set out to find the best Instagrammers of Kenyon College, I didn’t think I would have such a difficult job. I thought I would flip through the submissions, find some accounts that blew me away in their composition and quality, steal some tips for my own photos, and call it a day. I never anticipated having so many formidable account submissions, so if you don’t find yourself here, don’t worry! I can honestly say that I genuinely considered and enjoyed every account I came across. And if you do find your name below, congrats! Keep reminding us what a beautiful campus (and world) we live in.

Coral Lee (@coralannelee): Coral posts stunning photos, whether of nature, still life, or even her own yoga practice.

Gordon O’Brien (@gordonobrien): Gordon’s Instagram features mostly landscapes and city shots, but they are anything but average. He somehow makes his photos of familiar Kenyon scenes and famous landmarks look fresh and new.

Meera White (@meeracatherine): Meera has an eye for composition and color, and takes wonderfully unique photos in a style that is all her own.

Sarah Sklar (@sklardashians): Sarah lives a very glamorous life. Even though one would expect her travel photos to look impressive, the fact that she still posts photos that look straight out of a fashion editorial here at Kenyon is admirable. I love her rose shot!

Hallie Schulwolf (@sassy_hallie): Hallie has an eye for vintage-looking shots of her adventures across the Kenyon campus. She looks like she’s having the time of her life in nearly every post!

Merideth Heckler (@mkheureuse): On Merideth’s account you can find peaceful photos of yoga class, inspiring reminders, and beautiful shots of morning fog by the KAC. Amongst busy academic schedules, Merideth’s Instagram is a breath of fresh air.

Frances Matthews (@heyits__frances): The graceful Frances features epic travel photos along with adorable outfits. Her whole Instagram has great variety and style.

Matt Mandel (@matt.mandel): Matt posts plenty of beautiful nature photos, and he has a great eye for color and composition.

Juviand Rivera (@juvieslie): Our very own HCK writer Juvi likes to feature some pretty adorable shots of her and her boyfriend on her personal Instagram account. She also has some wonderful photos of urban scenes and architecture, and uses unique angles and framing.

Joy Head (@justjoyyy): First off, Joy somehow took a photo with D-Cat, which is awesome. She also shows us photos of her adorable room, and posts some great inspirational quotes.

Thanks again to everyone who participated! Although Instagram seems lighthearted and fun, it’s also a great reminder to appreciate the beauty around us, even if it’s just during the time it takes us to take that one perfect shot. Feel free to follow any of our top ten on Instagram, and be sure to follows us @hckenyon!

Image credit goes to each Instagrammer!

Lena Mazel

Kenyon '18

Lena Mazel is a junior English major who is currently studying at Oxford University. She enjoys finding new music, making coffee, and taking photos of coffee she is about to drink. You can find her on Instagram at instagram.com/lmazel, on Wordpress at lenamazel.wordpress.com, or by email at lenamazel@gmail.com. Lena lives in Nashville, Tennessee.