This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

We know what happens when you’re in love: you get all dizzy inside, and feel those butterflies building up! But did you know other scientific things your body does when you’re in love? We do!

When you are in love, your body releases endolphins, which are like endorphins, but turn you into a mermaid.

That’s right—the moment you fall for someone, BOOM!, you have a tail.  It may be a little annoying at first, but you’ll be able to breathe underwater, so that’s cool, right? And you get to hang with dolphins. I love dolphins! Who doesn’t?

You suddenly don’t need to eat chocolate anymore.

This is because when we eat chocolate, it releases the same chemicals as when we have sex. Now that you’re in love, you have all the sexy times you want, plus all the goodness of having a partner you can trust. See? You don’t need chocolate anymore if you have this! So, if you ever see anyone at the market buying lots of chocolate, you know they haven’t been getting any recently. On a totally random note, I buy a bar of chocolate almost every day, so….

You cry a lot when you see cute things like chicks, puppies, and adorable commercials because you are a sensitive being.

Love makes you a big ass softie, which is why I’m a total asshole—because my longest relationship lasted two days! Haha! But in all seriousness, this totally happens to you. Even when you see a married couple in a Viagra commercial, your insides just melt and suddenly you can’t stop crying. This is because you feel comfortable with your bae, allowing your entire body to open up and become a giant embassy of love and sensitivity.

You look sexier.

You’re getting more exercise (sex), moisturizing regularly (because of partner massage session, obs), and all the hairs are plucked from your body because your partner expects this from you (wait a minute…). All those exercise magazines are lying when they claim to have the best tips to looking sexy. All you need to look your best—and the only thing that works—is a lovey-dovey relationship.

Your body actually sprouts butterflies.

That feeling of nervousness when you fall for someone acts with acids in your stomach to create thousands of little microscopic butterflies that fly out of your belly button as you sleep. Scientists at Trump University have proven that this is true!

Your limbs will start to contort at crazy angles

…from sleeping in odd positions to accommodate all-night snuggles! You’ll get spaghetti arms and your ribs will be able to twist around. Hey, now I’m hungry for some spaghetti, with an extra side of chocolate.

On VERY rare occasions, you turn into a pug.

It only happens to 5 out of 69,000,000 people a year, but it has been statistically proven, by, like, totally valid sources that people in love may actually turn into a pug overnight. Maybe it’s because pugs make the world brighter, and so does love?

There you go, y’all. Now you know what to expect when you’re expecting…to fall in love, that is.

Image Credit: Feature1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

We are a group of three girls who give satirical (and, sometimes, serious) dating advice, because we are experts at this.