This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Well, we’re all in quarantine, and some of us are going stir-crazy over not being able to leave the house. Restaurants, bars, gyms, salons and more have closed around the country in response to COVID-19, leaving many of us bored out of our minds at home. Not to worry, though, this quarantine can actually be fun if you make the best out of it. Many places that have closed are now offering activities online for people of all ages to tune into for entertainment while they’re stuck at home. Here are just a few online activities to tune into during this quarantine.

Virtual Museum Tours

Museums all over the world have transformed their famous exhibits into online formats for people to enjoy from home. Some virtual museum tours are free while there are others you may have to pay for, but either way, they’re a great way to see some amazing artwork from around the globe. You can check out free tours from the famous Louvre art museum in France, The British Museum in London and more. The National Women’s History Museum is also offering online exhibits, and what better place to explore during National Women’s History month than there? If you’re still looking for more museums and things to discover, Google Arts & Culture has got you covered. 

At-Home Workouts

Just because your favorite gym has closed doesn’t mean you have to stop working out! Not only are there countless fitness gurus who post workout videos and instructions on their own platforms, but many gyms have committed to going virtual with their classes as well. Gyms and fitness centers all around the country have started live-streaming classes through Facebook, Instagram and other platforms. Visit your local gym’s website or social media accounts to see if they have posted an online workout schedule for you to tune into from home. If you don’t have a particular gym that you visit frequently, the YMCA is now offering online classes and programs to keep people of all ages fit and healthy from home. Check it out here.

Broadway Musicals

If you’re a musical theatre fangirl, then I’ve got just the thing for you. Broadway HD is a streaming service that will allow you to stream your favorite musicals, plays and ballets from home, which is super helpful with all the theatres that have closed due to coronavirus. Broadway HD offers a 7-day free trial to stream your favorite Broadway hits, and a paid plan is required after that. Other streaming services like Amazon Prime and Netflix have musicals available to watch as well.

Zoo and Aquarium Live Cams

Many zoos and aquariums around the country are offering lifestream videos of their animal exhibits so people can visit the attractions from home. The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago has a live cam of its underwater beauty, and it’s so relaxing to watch. The Cincinnati Zoo is hosting Home Safari Facebook Live streams every weekday at 3 pm, and you can tune in here. The San Diego zoo is also offering multiple live cams dedicated to watching lions, pandas, elephants and more on their website. There are many zoos and aquariums that are going virtual with their exhibits and offering additional activities for kids, so check out your local zoo’s website if you’re interested in seeing more.

Library Resources

Show your local library some love during this quarantine. Libraries with digital services are offering cardholders 24/7 access to ebooks, audiobooks, magazines and more through their websites. In addition to these things, I know that my local library, for instance, has a tab on their website for learning resources where people can access classes for skills they may want to improve on in their own time. Visit your library’s website to see all the services they’re still offering while the physical locations are closed.

Staying at home and practicing social distancing is necessary for slowing the spread of the coronavirus and keeping everyone around you healthy. We know being stuck at home can be hard for many people, so take advantage of these awesome online resources and activities to keep you occupied during this quarantine. 

Bella is a Communication Studies major and Advertising minor at Kent State University. She loves acting in front of the camera, journaling about anything and everything, and spending time with her family and friends (especially if ice cream is involved). She hopes to run her own blog one day soon and can be found in your nearest cafe, listening to John Mayer... the usual.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.