This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

In honor of CHAARG’s fourth birthday, it would only be right to spread the word on what it exactly is. CHAARG is a fitness and health group aimed toward college-aged women. Though it is known around campuses as the “fitness sorority” it is much more than that.

Standing for changing health, attitudes and actions to recreate girls, CHAARG holds the same quality of sisterhood as any sorority does. Making its start at Ohio State University, founder Elisabeth Tavierne knew she wanted CHAARG to reach college campuses across the United States and four years later CHAARG is now at 38 different universities.

Kent State is one of those 38 schools. With the mantra of liberating girls from the elliptical, Kent’s CHAARG group brings different types of workouts to girls so they do not feel like running or lifting is their only option. From kickboxing to pound, CHAARG makes sure girls get a taste of every workout out there.

With CHAARG, it is encouraged to have an Instagram account. Most girls post pictures from their workout or even what they ate that day. Anyone is able to participate in the fit plans  offered to all chapters. Fit plans are another great way to show accountability. It also doesn’t hurt that it is a great way to connect with CHAARG members all across the country.

Though CHAARG is more than just a fitness sorority, it does have a strong established sisterhood that can only be understood for those who are a part of the group. CHAARG is not only for girls who are fitness fanatics. Any girl who would like to experience different workouts or even want to meet new girls, would do great in CHAARG. With a focus on positivity and good vibes, it’s hard to resist becoming part of such a great group.

It’s more than a fitness sorority while being nothing short of a sisterhood.

Happy Birthday, CHAARG!

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.