Bake with Me: The Perfect Holiday Cookie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

It’s officially the holiday season, which means you’re bound to find yourself at an ugly Christmas sweater party or a Secret Santa get together. Personally, I like to bring something for everyone to enjoy as well, so cookies seem to be the perfect solution.

Potato chip cookies are something that I look forward to during this time of the year, as I only make them for the holidays. Some people are hesitant at first when they hear that the cookies have potato chips in them, but it’s the perfect balance of sweet and salty. The best part is that they are so simple to make and it keeps you from being overwhelmed and feeling pressured during this hectic time of the year. 

If you’re looking for an easy yet delicious cookie recipe to wow your friends and family with, keep reading! 

Potato Chip Cookies 

Ingredients:

• 1 cup of butter, room temperature
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 ¾ cups flour
  • ¾ cup crushed potato chips
  • ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)
  • ½ cup powdered sugar

Directions:

First, you’ll have to preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. I find it easiest to have all of your ingredients ready to go so you’re not running around the kitchen trying to find everything last minute. While the oven is preheating, beat the butter and sugar until it’s smooth and creamy. 

Next, add in vanilla, flour, chips, and pecans if you’re including that. Mix until you have a dough consistency.

Place teaspoon amounts of dough on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, looking out for golden brown edges around the cookies.

Once the cookies are done, let the cookies cool down for a few minutes and then dust them with powdered sugar.

If you make these amazing cookies, try not to eat them all yourself before sharing with everyone else! 

Danica Garcia

Kent State '20

Danica Garcia is a Fashion Merchandising major with a Fashion Media minor at Kent State University.
 Shelby Rabideaux is currently attending Kent State University. She is majoring in Digital Media Production and will have a minor in Fashion Media. Her love for entertainment and film came from actively going to concerts. She currently is on a TV show called The Blurb that focuses on entertainment news that her school produces. She dreams to be able to inspire others like how she was inspired. Shelby is currently the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Kent State and the President where she strives to share her love for Her Camps with the Kent community.