This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Major: Criminal Justice and Psychology

Year: Junior

Instagram and twitter : @findher_m_i_a

What are some things that you’re working on right now? “Right now I have a Pasty Business Called “Boujettas Pastry” and I’m also working on a book for college females.”

Who inspires you? “My mentor Ashley because she motivates me to strive harder and continue to push past my struggles.”

Favorite Color: Black

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? “I enjoy baking from scratch and hanging out with my friends. Also, I am the P.R for a music group called “Uplift” where we travel and perform for lounges, weddings and special events.”

What do you plan on doing after you graduate?: “Open my own bakery in my neighborhood and work with children.”

Photo credit

Anijah Knighton

Born and raised in Jersey City :) International Business Major
I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.