person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

Meet Brianna Freitag!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Meet Brianna Freitag, one of our Her Campus IUP members. Brianna is from Nazareth, PA where she attended Nazareth Area High School. She now attends IUP as a communications media major with a marketing track. 

Before coming to IUP, Brianna was enrolled at Northampton Community College where her mentor suggested she look into becoming a communications major due to her fasciation in how and why consumers choose certain brands over another and her people skills.

Brianna’s favorite classes at IUP were Internet Marketing and Beginning Photography. Internet Marketing helped her learn about building websites and making a campaign. Beginning Photography allowed her to see pictures from different angles and perspectives.

As a member of the IUP Her Campus chapter, Brianna is the social media and marketing coordinator. She decided to join Her Campus because she wanted to make friends since she had transferred from another school. It also gives her experience for her major and looks good on her resume. Her favorite part of being in Her Campus is finding relatable posts for college women to help make their day a little better. Brianna has been a part of the organization for three semesters and plans to stick with it until she graduates in the spring of 2019.

Aside from Her Campus, Brianna is also involved in the American Marketing Association, The National Society of Leadership and Success, and is a student worker at the Sports Information Office. 

When Brianna isn’t in class or getting involved, she spends her free time watching Netflix and funny dog videos, hanging out with her friends, napping, or shopping. Her favorite place on campus is Starbucks at Crimson Café where she eats lunch, does homework, and hangs out with her friends.

College has changed Brianna by allowing her to grow and become more mature. She says she “realized friends and relationships will come and go, but you have to be independent and take care of yourself because no one else will.”

As a senior in college, her advice to first year students is to get involved in clubs and organizations in your field since that’s what companies look for in resumes and during interviews. She advises not to get too caught up in friends, relationships, partying, or anything that will take away from your studies because “they are temporary, but the skills you learn from speakers, alumni, new technology programs, and the clubs will go a long way.” She also says to “Call your family every once in a while. They miss and love you. Someday they won’t be around anymore while you’re out partying.”

After college, Brianna plans to get an internship while continuing to work at a bridal store near her home. She also plans to travel to another country in the near future. As far as her career goes, she would like to work in marketing for fashion businesses or sports teams. She also wouldn’t mind trying out the real estate or travel agency path.

An interesting fact about Brianna is that her last name means Friday in German.

Kate is a senior Communications Media major at Indiana University of Pennsylvania from Bentleyville, Pennsylvania. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, taking long naps, eating ice cream with lots of sprinkles, photography, musicals, walking her dog, and listening to 60s/70s music.