This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

NOBODY likes finals week other than when it is over. Period. However, professors still try to pile on the workload knowing fully that they are not your only concern this week. Here are some things I dread during finals week:

Powerpoint Presentations

Making Powerpoints is time-consuming. Making Powerpoints during finals week is time-comsuming and stressful. Why didn’t we do this like a week ago? I think finals week should be for final exams not other assignments that could have been done at an earlier time.

Sapling and McGraw

I HATE when professors have an outside source of homework and they add extra assignments on them the day before finals. Come on Debbie. I go on to Sapling to make sure everything is submitted and you go and add another quiz or homework? Stop this mayhem!

Work

Jobs don’t understand that being a college student and working is a lot. They often act like you should work normally and not be stressed but in reality, we need the time to study because we won’t be at this low-level job forever. It is annoying when employers are rude and nonunderstanding about this.

These are just a couple things that bother me during finals week. I am sure a lot of other college students feel the same way and have a whole list of things. 

Alicia is an aspiring doctor. She intends to graduate from IUP in 2022 and attend Medical School directly after to become a medical doctor specializing in pediatrics. She enjoys watching movies, hanging with friends, and community service. She is a dog lover and has a pug names Porky that makes her smile on her worst days. Family is everything to her as you probably have read.