This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

In a time of such uncertainty, it’s best to stay busy and occupied to keep our mental health up. Finding new and creative things to do during a quarantine is a great way to do this. It’s easy to be down during a time like this, but it’s important to make the most out of each day. Here are some fun activities you can incorporate into your new daily routine!

1. Watch Netflix with Friends

Watching Netflix alone can get old, so why not watch Netflix with friends but in our own homes of course. Netflix has come up with a way to allow people to watch the same shows and movies at the same time, with the ability to chat during it.

a mirrored cabinet under a mounted television with plants and books to accent. the couch and coffee table are reflected.
Reid Rolls

2. In-House Projects

Do an in-house project that you’ve been putting off. Whether it be painting a room, organizing your closet and dresser or even making little repairs. All of these things take up time and will make you feel accomplished. Some of these things are easy to push off until a later date, but right now is the perfect time.

3. Workout

Being stuck inside all day can allow for a lot of built-up energy. Find a space in your house, even if it’s not big, and watch a free workout video. Nike, CorePower Yoga, Simply Yoga and 7 Minute Workout all have apps that have free workout videos. They require little to no equipment and it’ll allow you to stay healthy and active when stuck inside.

4. New Meals

Each day pick, a new country to use as inspiration for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This is a great way to give yourself something to do and try new dishes. Even if you’re not a master chef, this is an easy and fun way to keep meals from becoming boring or repetitive. After all, who doesn’t love a good home cooked meal?

Breakfast food
Unsplash

5. Take Time to Relax

What better way to enjoy quarantine then to take the much needed time to relax and enjoy some self-care. Whether it be a simple nap or doing a face mask and reading your favorite book. With everything being up in the air and times being stressful, everyone can use a little time to regroup and rejuvenate.

Woman Covering Face With Book On Bed
Lina Kivaka / Pexels

6. FaceTime Your Loved Ones

I know this might seem like a given, but this is an extremely hard time for everyone and it’s good to check in with your friends and family. Everyone is mentally, emotionally and financially stressed out and in hard times like this, it makes a world of difference for people when they feel loved and supported.  

With everyone’s lives changing drastically, from being on campus to at home for most people, it’s important to keep yourself distracted and stay positive. Try new at home hobbies or take this time to catch up on schoolwork and relax. No matter what, remember we’re all in this together and our safety is the most important.

Hi everyone! My name is Juliette Galassini, I am currently a sophomore at the University of Illinois studying advertising and public relations. I love spending time with my family & friends, shopping and traveling.
The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.