This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

1. Check out some museums

Instead of scrolling through the seemingly endless Instagram posts of your friends’ lavish vacations, you can stroll through some museums. You’ll come back from spring break a more cultured, sophisticated individual. Whatever you’re interested in, there is bound to be a whole museum dedicated to it somewhere. Do some research and find some cool museums near you. A lot of museums also offer a student discount, because being a sophisticated college student ain’t cheap. So instead of scrolling through endless photos of your friends in faraway places, try visiting a museum–a place that can take you far without you having to be far from home.

2. Read a book

Take a much needed break from your Netflix binge and pick up a book. With so many books to read and so little time to read them, you better start now. If you’re not a huge reader you can try a poetry book or an audio book.

3. Try different workout classes

Despite popular beliefs, working out does not have to be the source of all evils. Try out different workout classes near you. Groupon has a bunch of discounted workout classes to choose from. Here is a list of some fun fitness classes to try this spring break: zumba, yoga, bouldering, kickboxing, aerial fitness, cycling, pilates, and martial arts.

4. Recreate a Tasty video…or all of them…

There is no better time to recreate all of the Buzzfeed Tasty videos you watched at 1 AM when you could not fall asleep. Grab your apron and get cooking!    

5. Revamp your things with some Pinterest DIY’s

Luckily, there is an endless amount of DIY’s on Pinterest, so you’ll never get bored. You can buy some clothes from a thrift store or even rummage through your own closet to find clothes that could use a little sprucing up. But you don’t need to stop at clothes: there’s a Pinterest DIY for just about everything. And who knows, maybe you can even open your own Etsy store.

6. Take some art classes

What better time to discover a passion than when you’re sitting at home for a week with nothing to do. Groupon has a lot of unique and fun art classes that you can take so that you can begin your journey as the next Pablo Picasso.

The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.