This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Lately I’ve loved turning on a podcast while I’m doing something else throughout my day, whether that be during a walk or cooking dinner. It’s the perfect way to get rid of Zoom fatigue and is a nice break from staring at a screen all day. Even though there are countless podcast genres to choose from, I’ve found that the ones I most enjoy are mainly college and post-grad lifestyle related. If you’re not already an avid podcast listener, here are some of my favorites to check out!

1. Working Title

Youtuber Margot Lee just came out with this podcast, and it’s already my favorite to turn on. Margot just graduated from Syracuse University and recently moved to NYC, so I love hearing about her perspective about life post-grad.

2. Thick & Thin

Katy Bellotte is a freelance graphic designer who used to work at L’Oreal and has so much great advice to offer. I’ve had many epiphanies and laughs while listening to her, and I look forward to every episode. 

3. Gen Z Girl

Abby Asselin, the host of this lovely podcast, is one of the most inspirational speakers I’ve heard. She never fails to get me motivated for whatever project I may want to tackle next, and it’s encouraging listening to her speak about her own experiences while attending grad school at the University of Alabama. 

4. Manifest with Tori DeSimone

woman standing on left foot while lifting right foot upwards during daytime
Dominik Wycislo/Unsplash

Tori is in her early 20s and owns her own spin studios, so I think it’s fascinating hearing her speak about everything fitness and health related. Her podcast episodes are perfect for those interested in self-reflection and bettering yourself.

5. Gals on the Go

Podcast One

Danielle Carolan and Brookie Miccio both went to the University of Georgia, and while Danielle is still attending, Brooke is tackling post-grad life in New York. Their podcast features tons of fun personal stories and lifestyle tips, and they often have guests speaking too for some new insight. 

6. But, What’s Next? With Michelle Reed

Michelle Reed is a youtuber that grew up in Texas, went to college in NYC, and moved back to her home state post-grad. She isn’t afraid to talk about subjects like budgeting, finding a job, and next steps of adulthood in general, so her podcast is very helpful! She is also newly married, so I love hearing her take on relationships and dating.

Melanie Marin

Illinois '21

Melanie is a senior majoring in marketing and international business management at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She spends her free time going to concerts, binging shows on netflix, and baking. Follow her on instagram @melaniemarin9
The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.