This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

With winter break behind us and syllabus week seeming like it was years ago, second semester is truly beginning to set in. However, it’s still early in the semester and the perfect time to come up with a plan to make it the best one yet!

Get Organized

Staying organized is crucial to having a successful semester. Start by writing down all of the major due dates and events for the semester in a calendar. That way those things that always seem to sneak up on you won’t. 

Figure Out What You Want to Accomplish

Create a bucket list or come up with a few goals that you want to accomplish. It’s good to have a vision for the semester because come May, you want to feel like you’ve done more than just school for the past few months.

If you’re feeling more goal oriented come up with a few obtainable goals. If you’re going for more of the bucket list route, think of the things you want to do before you graduate and make sure to check a few off the list this semester.

Stay Healthy

I’m not going to lie, staying healthy is probably one of the toughest things in college. But, if you’re not feeling 100 percent then everything you have to get done is only going to be that much harder.  So, make sure that you’re setting time aside to be active and try to resist the temptation of the late night junk food. If you treat your body well it will return the favor.

Relax

We certainly don’t do it enough, but it’s important to find time to unwind. So, set aside some time each day to relax and distract yourself from the inevitable stress of college. Days vary so it’s understandable that sometimes you’ll have more free time than others, but even if it’s just a few minutes, it’s important to take some time to decompress. Do something like working out, getting a meal with friends or just watch some Netflix. What’s important is that you are consistently taking time in your day to decompress.

Image 1 Image 2 Image 3 Image 4

I'm a Journalism major at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. My passion is writing and I hope to do so for the rest of my life ~
The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.