clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Full Send into Graduation!!

The graduation jitters are approaching for many of us…cue the waterworks. It’s such a bittersweet time because we’re entering the next chapter in our lives, but U of I has treated us so well that we don’t want to leave! Maybe that’s just me, but I know there are a variety of classic campus activities to check off the ol’ bucket list before leaving this place we call home.

I recommend attending at least one more sporting event before checking out of school. Go to a sport you haven’t watched before – there are so many fun events like track & field, volleyball, and basketball that I wish I attended more of. If you take a look at what events are coming up, you’ll notice most tickets are cheap with your student I-card. You’re not only supporting your fellow Illini athletes, but I promise you’ll have a great time taking your mind off finals/job hunting while watching your classmates compete for the W.

Before throwing on your cap and gown, I also recommend devoting a night to visit some of the bars and restaurants in downtown Champaign. There are so many cute pubs, like The Bling Pig and Barrelhouse, that have a homey feel without a brutal stench (no offense, KAMS). There are also fun restaurants, like Pizzeria Antica, that are refreshing dining alternatives to fast food options you’re used to on Green St. They don’t advertise this, but apparently it is a BYOB establishment, which saves groups a lot of money on alcohol. I don’t know about you, but the less money I spend as a broke college student, the more fun I’m having!

Now that we’re on the topic of food, there are some on-campus fast food places that need to be visited before leaving. My initial thought when I think of classic Champaign grease food is none other than Fat Sandwich. I hope you’re not grimacing as you read this, and if you haven’t gone in years, I’m telling you to give it another look! You really can’t go wrong with all of the best foods you can think of – chicken strips, fries, mozzarella sticks – all put into one sandwich. Trust me, splurging at this place is well worth the calories (;

My last piece of advice upon graduation is to go on at least one more Tinder or Bumble date. I don’t want to say your time on dating apps ends after graduation because it most definitely does not. But, the way in which these dates occur in college are much more amusing than they’ll be in the future. Instead of a mature dinner (how dates are typically supposed to go down), blind dates on campus include meeting at lion, being slightly too buzzed to settle the nerves, and hopefully locking lips by the end of the night if they’re at least half as cute as they were in their profile pictures. These dates are a wild experience to say the least, but it’s an experience I hope all my college co-eds can have at least once before entering the next phase in our lives.

The official page for the University of Illinois Her Campus chapter.