organization apps?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
organization apps?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Best Phone Apps to Help You Stay Organized

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Your college years can feel like one of the most stressful times of your life. With all the schoolwork, clubs, part-time jobs, and other responsibilities, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed at times. However, college is also a place where you want to be able to relax and have fun! One great way to feel organized is by having your resources for success with you wherever you go… by putting it all in your phone! I created this list of productivity apps that are student-friendly and have helped me stay organized over the years. Every app has a free version for you to download on your IOS or Android device!

Notion

Everyone has an organization method that works best for them. Notion is one of the most popular online tools that allows you to organize your life in many different ways. Ranging from to-do lists, project tracking, a calendar, and a virtual notebook, the app really has it all. You can play around with different templates, colors, and upload photos of your choice until you achieve the aesthetic that fits you best! Notion also allows you to create and design a publicly-accessible website for whatever you want to put out into the world!

Habbit Rabbit: Task tracker

Need motivation to practice good habits? Habit Rabbit adds a fun little twist by incorporating task completion into a game! It allows you to assemble your own personal list of habits while noting the importance of each task and how often you should complete them. When completing a task, you earn points you can use toward taking care of your pet rabbit! You can use these points toward cleaning your rabbit’s home and buying cool stuff for it. The game even lets you name your rabbit!

Canva

Canva is a popular graphic design platform that Is great for organizing data and information in a visually-pleasing way! Creating a visual document is a great way to make the most out of a presentation and appeal to the eye of your audience. The app offers many pre-made templates to choose from. Whether you’re using it for a club, a class or work assignment, or just having fun with it, Canva is a great way to be creative and productive at the same time. You can even have your design turn into a physical product that you can purchase through the app!

iscanner

This is an easy way to digitally save your paper documents to share with others! This app gets the job done just as well as a giant scanning machine and saves you the hassle of having to go and find one!

When taking a photo, it automatically crops out the background to create a perfect square/rectangular image (perfect for those with a cluttery desk like me) and makes any texture/font readable with advanced text recognition. When converting your document, iScanner will ensure it is of the best quality!

organization apps?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp

Quizlet

Quizlet is a great place to turn your notes into study tools. There are also many pre-made study sets created by other users that you can use that cover a wide range of subjects. You can create flashcards, matching quizzes, and even generate your own practice exams to help with your memorization of the material. One of the best study games on Quizlet is called “Gravity”, where definitions fall from the top of your screen you must match them with their proper terms before they reach the bottom.

Always having these useful apps by your side is an effective and fun way to stay organized! However, one important thing to remember is to include self-care and healthy habits as part of your schedule. While these apps are a great way to stay organized academically, it’s also important to incorporate a time to reward yourself for all your hard work. Don’t push yourself too hard!

Lauren Cravens

Illinois '25