This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

We have all been stuck in this rut before. Whether it is being stressed out, tired, lacking motivation, or all three, getting stuck is an inevitable part of life. Maybe you have hit that wall of the semester, or maybe you haven’t been eating well and now you feel sluggish. Sometimes we just feel a little discontent with the way things are going. 

But do not worry, no one is ever going to feel happy with everything going on in their life 100 percent of the time, but there are some important things you can to to feel refreshed and rejuvenated and ready to conquer the day. 

Start off by decluttering your digital life 

Social media is such a big part of our lives, whether it be school related, catching up with friends, or staying connected to family. However, it is okay to unplug. Delete the apps you do not use, bookmarks you are done with, and email’s you do not need. This is one easy way to de-stress. 

Drink more water 

Start and finish your day with a big glass of hot water with lemon. Lemon water helps rejuvenate dull skin, food digestion, and bloating. Plus, we could all use some more water in our lives. 

Freshen up your work area 

A little change in where you spend most of your time can increase your productivity. Set a goal to dust once and week and get rid of anything you do not need from your desk top. This will remove one chore from your to-do list. 

Visit somewhere new 

We are broke college students, I get this. If it isn’t somewhere lavish, it’s okay. Explore a part of town you have never been to with some friends or grab a bit to eat somewhere you have never tried. You can even find a new coffee shop to get homework done at. Spicing up your routine can make you feel refreshed. 

Be positive 

No more feeling down about yourself, even if words of encouragement feel silly. Write some out on sticky notes and place them through out binders, on your desk, or even mirror. Self love is important and a lot more people struggle with it than you think. 

Hopefully these are some great additions to get your mind and body back on track. It’s almost like hitting the reset button.

Trisha Fritz

Illinois State '19

Hi I am Trisha- a natural born leader with a proven track record on taking chaotic situations and turning them into something great and a wannabe pop-culture expert. I am graduating Illinois State University in 2019 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism with a minor in Writing. In college, I worked at the schools TV station, TV-10. While in school, I’ve managed and motivated my peers in the communication area while balancing a hectic work schedule in the service industry. Do not let my wittiness fool you, this is all just a plan for world domination.
Contributor account for Illinois State