The only Playlist Needed for your next Workout

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

Hey it’s Sky, your fitness/music guru. With summer just around the corner, it’s time to get back into working out and eating right to get into that prime bikini body. Some days are definitely not the easiest to get up and go workout so I put together a playlist that will get you going from start to finish.

**Disclaimer: I recommend listening to these songs with the privacy of your headphones, unless you want the whole gym to know you aren’t the most appropriate girl in the building.**

Tell Me When To Go – E-40 ft. Keak Da Sneak

If you are stuck at home dreading your workout and debating if you even want to go, turn this song on now! Tell me when to go? This is me. Telling you. To go. Now.

Whine Up – Kat Deluna

A little throwback jam to listen to during your warm-up to really get you in that workout mood.

Get Me Bodied – Beyoncé

Michelle Obama actually used this song to fight childhood obesity and get kids moving in school. So use this song to burn off that little fat kid mentality inside of you.

This Is What You Came For – Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna

The beats from Calvin Harris never disappoint, and with your girl RiRi on the vocals, this song will get your cardio going for sure.

Play – David Banner

“Work that. Let me see you drip sweat.” The wise words of David Banner. He might be talking about doing it in a different way, but hey at least he is still trying to get you to burn those calories.

Truffle Butter – Nicki Minaj, Drake, Lil Wayne

Forget what truffle butter means (Urban Dictionary it if you dare) this song and everyone in it goes hard…just like you during your workout.

Drop It Low – Ester Dean, Chris Brown

The perfect song for any squat or lower body exercise. Make sure you really watch your form in the mirror and drop it low girl. (Knees never over toes!) It’s perfectly acceptable to twerk in between sets.

For Free – DJ Khaled ft. Drake

Any song by the most inspirational man in the world should get you through your workout no matter how tough. If you are doubting if you can lift up those dumbbells over your head again, just listen to his words: “Another one.”

Flex (Ooh, Ooh, Ooh) – Rich Homie Quan

Can’t really understand him besides the ‘ooh’s’ but that’s all you need to keep going during your fourth set of lunges.

F*ck Up Some Commas – Future

For those of you who are trying to max out weight and get some PR’s, here is a song that goes a little harder.

HUMBLE. – Kendrick Lamar

This new release is great for when you are finishing up your last set or getting that final ab exercise in. You can get up and walk out feeling not so humble because you just had a kickass workout and you are one step closer to your goal.

Hopefully, this playlist gets you going and ready to attack any workout of the day or night. Don’t forget to drink plenty of that H2O. And most importantly, remember what Drake said, “Don’t do it for the man, men never notice.” Do it for you and only you!

Amanda is a senior at HPU working towards her degrees in mass communication and integrated multimedia. She loves all things related to design, photography, and journalism. Her dream is to move back to the big apple and work for Cosmopolitan magazine. When not sipping on Starbucks while studying, you can find her doing crossfit or diving.