This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

Getting back into the groove of school is always overwhelming, but hopefully this list of tips can help you ease back into school with little to no stress!

1. Create a routine!

Creating and establishing a routine can provide structure and discipline in your life! It allows you to create good habits and break the bad ones that you may have created over the summer!

2)  Please, please, please remember to get some sleep!

The amount of homework and assignments that you will get is going to be overwhelming at first, and the urge to stay up late and finish them is going to be extremely strong, but please remember to get at least 6 hours of sleep. Your body needs to recharge and that means getting the rest it deserves.

3)  Prioritize your responsibilities

Joining extracurriculars is always a great way to get involved on campus and meet new people, but make sure you are prioritizing your responsibilities! Get your work done and maybe throw in a phone call to your mom! Don’t forget that the reason you’re in college is to get your degree, so you must be on top of your school work.

4)  Eat right!!!

It’s super easy to fall into the routine of eating ramen noodles because they’re so cheap, but please don’t forget to nourish your body with fruits and vegetables.

5) Get that Vitamin D!!!!

I didn’t realize how important Vitamin D was until I found out that I had a Vitamin D deficiency. Lack of Vitamin D is linked to depression, so if you’re prone to staying indoors, like me, try and leave your room and spend a few minutes outside to enjoy the rays of sunshine! It’s extremely important for your health and you’ll end up enjoying yourself while you’re out in the sun as well. It’s a win-win situation!

I hope these few tips help you start this upcoming school year with a bang, because I know each and everyone of you have it in you to make this school year amazing!

Chisom Okoye is a sophomore Film/TV major, playwright and sociology double minor from Las Vegas, NV. Writing has always been her greatest love, because it allows her to express herself in ways that spoken words can't. The ability to pick up any pencil, broken and charred or shiny and new, and just simply create is gratifying. Her writing interests range from pieces about self love and the art of positivity to book reviews and fiction pieces to controversial topics to even screenplays. When she's not immersed in her world of writing, Chisom enjoys art museums, theatre, as well as musical theatre, and you can always find her listening to her favorite musicians, Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, and Stevie Wonder.