Wellness

Items to Help Relieve Physical Stress From Online Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

In the time of online classes, our time on our computers takes up most of our days. With class, homework, meetings for clubs, and events all taking place on our computers, we often finish our days with tired and strained eyes. But there are some steps we can take to make the strain of screen time a bit less daunting each day. I have been trying to keep up with these products, and I hope this will help make your online days less stressful and painful. 

Blue Light Glasses

Blue light glasses are a great way to reduce the strain on your eyes. They filter out the blue light from devices in order to minimize light exposure. In the days that I have used them, I feel less tired around my eyes and I feel as though the time online I spent was less than it actually was. On the days I have regular glasses on I just wear them directly on top of them. You can find them at places like Amazon, EyeBuyDirect, and Warby Parker, but Amazon has the biggest variety of styles. 

Under Eye Cream

An under eye cream can be a great way to end a busy day. There is a great variety out there and I personally have enjoyed the Hyaluronic Acid Eye Cream from Mario Badescu, but find what works best for you! That way after a long day, you can give your eyes some attention and relief. It is also a fun idea to find a product that can go in the fridge, for an extra cool feeling. To me, eye creams feel like an extra fancy step in skincare and can also be applied without taking a trip to the bathroom sink, if you’re trying to minimize your time without a mask in the bathroom. The skin under your eyes is a very sensitive area, so it is important to be gentle when applying an under eye cream.

Something Cold

If you are feeling tired, a cold face roller or cloth can be a great way to wake your skin up and refresh your face. I find that cold items not only refresh your face but can help wake you up in general. It can be a great way to wash off the day and begin winding down for the rest of the evening. 

Alexis Berard

Holy Cross '23

Hi! My name is Alexis and I am currently a sophomore at Holy Cross!