This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

These are some habits and activities that I implemented in my life during midterm week! I had a total of three exams in one week and I was very busy!

Create a Study Plan

The week before my exams I took a look at my exam schedule. I also looked at all the study guides and course materials that I needed to review. I tried my very best to categorize how I wanted to review all the material. I then split up all the material by the amount of time I had to prepare, therefore allowing me to make the most of my time.

Use Quizlet and Notecards for memorization

As a political science major, a major part of my exams is memorization of terms. I have found it super effective in my studying to write down terms twice, usually once in a notebook then I create flashcards. This way I am creating a way to look back at material but also reviewing as I make the notecards. I then look at my physical notecards and when I have free time I can also look at my quizlet electronically. 

Maintain my Self-Care

Self-care for everyone looks very different. For me this week it meant making sure that I did my very best to sleep, eat, and take time for myself. As a student, it can be very hard to prioritize yourself but it is very important. 

I hope that everyone’s midterms went well! Don’t forget to take care of yourself! 

Emily Arizmendi

Holy Cross '25

My name is Emily Arizmendi and I'm a junior at Holy Cross. I'm a Political Science and English Major from Zion, Illinois.