Wellness

The Beginner’s Guide to Crystals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

The pandemic has been going on for such a long time and it has taken a toll on many people’s mental health, including my own. I’ve been looking into different hobbies in order to boost my mood and help me cope with the struggles that I have been facing. One thing that I have become particularly interested in is collecting crystals. Crystals have many different healing properties that can help improve your overall mood. So, if you’re interested in getting into crystals, I am going to provide you with the best crystal starter pack.

The Seletine Crystal

The Seletine crystal shields you from outside influences and dispels all negative energy from both your body and your mind.

The Amethyst Crystal

The Amethyst crystal helps you relieve stress and balance your mood. It also takes away feelings of sadness, grief and negativity.

The Fluorite Octahedron

The Fluorite Octahedron helps individuals push past mental blocks and opens the mind up to ideas.

The Black Tourmaline

The Black Tourmaline protects you from all negative energy and also brings relief from pain.

There are many different types crystals that focus on more specific things like sleep, energy, love, happiness, etc. You can use all of these crystals in everyday life. You can keep them in your pocket, meditate with them, or just keep them in your room.

Maya Faich

Holy Cross '24

Maya Faich is a sophomore from Hanson, MA. She loves traveling, hanging out with friends, chipotle and meeting new people!!