Why Stressing About Finals Just Isn’t Worth It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Finals are just one of those things everyone worries too much about, even though we shouldn’t. Truth is, stressing about finals just in the end really isn’t worth it. There are so many reasons for this but the main and the most important one is that it puts your body through unnecessary stress.

In the end, these finals will not matter, not even a little bit. Stressing out about them won’t do anything but hurt you. At Her Campus Hofstra’s recent Magazine Dream Job Panel, Vanessa Powell, Fashion Credits Editor at Style Watch Magazine, talked about this and said that it’s not worth it to stress over something so simple. At the time, finals may not seem like something simple but they really are.

Another reason why stressing about finals isn’t worth it is because you should already know everything that is going to be on your final and you should already have good grades from working hard all semester. If you’ve been a super awesome college queen this semester, you probably attended almost all of your classes and rocked most of your tests. You shouldn’t have anything to really stress about.

When finals are over, it means you don’t ever have to deal with that class ever again. You should be excited that it is almost over. Plus, stressing causes acne and wrinkles, with summer around the corner, you’re going to want to look your best!

There are also some really great things happening on Hofstra’s campus during finals week that you should be excited for. The late-night breakfast is Monday, May 15th this semester (who doesn’t want free food?) and the stress puppies are scheduled to come! Everyone loves puppies.

Being stress-free is essential to happy and healthy living. Don’t let such a small portion of your life bring you down—it’s just not worth it!

Hannah is currently a junior journalism major and graphic design minor at Hofstra University. She's a small town girl from Vermont who moved to the big city with high hopes and nowhere near enough money. Hannah has a big heart for animals, writing, designing, and Netflix. She is an aspiring journalist who's bucket list includes traveling around the world and working in the magazine industry.